Monday 10 February 2014

#ChickLitLove Valentines Day promotion!

Interview with Charlotte Evans from Set Me Free. 

As part of the #ChickLitLove Valentines Day promotion, many of your favourite (or soon to be favourite) heroines are answering the gruelling questions put together by the #ChickLitLove team.  Well, maybe they're not so gruelling, but some are bound to produce some embarrassing answers.  

Charlotte responds below:

1) What three qualities do you find most attractive in a partner?
Honesty, integrity and co-ordination.  I want a man who values the truth, who is not afraid to admit he might be wrong and that he doesn't know the answer.  I don't expect him to have all the answers, I just expect him to be trustworthy.  And co-ordinated.  I need a man who can dance.

2) What’s your idea of romance?
I don't really buy into the whole traditional romance thing – red roses, candlelight dinners and all that.  If someone wants to seduce me, they've got to be creative.  Take me for a midnight stroll, or surprise me with something that means something to me.  Show me that you've bothered to get to know me, and you don't just assume I'm like other girls.

3) Who's your favorite on-screen couple (Film or TV)?
Oh, that would have to be Jan Morrow (Doris Day) and Brad Allen (Rock Hudson) in the 1959 movie Pillow Talk.  True, Brad is deceptive, but he sure learns his lesson.  But mostly, I just love it for the 50s fashion and décor.

4) What's been your most embarrassing moment in regards to the opposite sex?
I don't like to talk about it much, but when I was younger and stupider, I did have a one-night stand in a South East Asian backpacker hostel.  It was a low point, but we all do stupid things, don't we? The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes.  I sure did learn from that one.

5) How have you coped with break-ups in the past?
I get out of town.  Always.  I'm usually the one that ends them, but I always take off overseas to put some distance between us.  It's so much easier to ignore their calls with an ocean between you. 

6) Which hot actor would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with and why?
Can I go back in time while I'm at it?  I'd like Gregory Peck please.  In his younger days, of course.  Mostly because I can only think of him as Atticus Finch.  And why wouldn't you want to be stranded on a deserted island with Atticus Finch? 

That's it from Charlotte for now. Please drop by again on Wednesday to see what Craig has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment